Mar 31, 2010

Fimo again!

Without any comment: fimo creations of the last weeks.

Garden shed - Accessoires II.

Work is continuing with great effort. After all I made use of the airdry clay: it became bricks. Bricks will be the pavement in front of the wall of the garden shed. With the slats I managed to roll the clay evenly, but in the course of cutting some unevenness of surface arose .

After dry some polishing followed.

The result after paint.

The table turned green and of course shabby and messy..

Some other thing made for the scene: a straw hat (made of Aida cross-stich material), two more pots (one is used a bit) and a hose.

Mar 28, 2010

Garden shed - Accessoires I.

This is a rough presentation. The potting table is ready, but has no paint - I can't choose a colour. And now I see the great pot and the wooden box are paintless, too. There are many tiny things to do. Let's go!

I made this box for plant seeds. This year I opened the seed pockets of my real garden very deliciously to preserve them for scanning.

The great pot is made of airdry clay, too.

The pots are made of white airdry clay and got colour by tempera. Today I found terracotta clay at a Tesco store, so I bought a 500g pack to try. For this scene I need particularly this clay, because I want to produce a great number of pots, and I needn't paint the terracotta clay but age.
The crate is waiting for paint.

The metal parts of the garden tools are made of paper covered by acrylic paint, too , and some black and brown changed them used.

First time I chose for the garden scene a watering can. I applied the tested method: glued paper. Then I used some silver acrylic paint and a little bit of grey not to seem brand new.

Garden shed - The wall

After a long break, inspired by the spring I decided to make a garden scene. The Hungarian country kitchen is resting a little bit, because I had a problem with it I can't solve this time. The planned scene is a garden shed (actually only one wall) and a potting table.
The slates are made of balsa wood. This is the most treatable wood type, you can cut it by a blade.
After setting the window only the painting was behind.

I chose a nice yellow shade, mixing tempera.
Then I aged the brisk colour with grey, so the wood got a shabby, old effect. I smeared the corner of the window with nail polish, then dispersed some white and grey chalk powder onto it. Tadam! Messy window!